My OrthoClear progress

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Updated pics!

Lots of updated pics of my OrthoClear treatment are here! This shot is with aligner set #18 in.




And for those who want to know if the aligners fit completely around your teeth, here are how my current aligners are fitting. You can see some space at the bottoms of my upper aligners, as well as on the bottom ones. It's not very noticable, especially when you're talking.

This is the first shot of my teeth before I began treatment. Can we say "Snaggletooth"?




This shot is after five months of treatment. A big improvement!





This is the latest pic, 12 months into treatment. There's not much change in the front teeth, but my molars are in the process of moving outwards. My smile is looking more square than it used to. My overbite is greatly reduced as well!


Here's a sequence of comparisons of my aligners between my first set and set #19 (which I don't have in yet). Click on the image to enlarge it!


The most dramatic improvement has been with the reduction of crowding on my lower teeth. While my teeth aren't completely straight on the bottom yet, they are much better than one year ago!

This shot is of both aligners stacked so you can see how my overbite (and overall bite!) has been improved.


Here's a comparison shot of my top aligners. I still have straightening to do, but I hope I'm close to being finished with my treatment!

6 Comments:

  • Wow - wow - WOW!

    Christine, your teeth are progressing just beautifully!

    Thanks for posting all the comparisons - they make it so easy to see exactly what's changed. Glad to hear your replacement got to you sooner than expected, too.

    Onwards ---
    Anne

    By Blogger Anne, at 3:40 PM  

  • One word sums it up...WOW!!

    By Blogger Southerngal08, at 6:35 PM  

  • Your progress is so amazing! Your teeth look really terrific and the comparison shots are incredible. Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Dawna B, at 12:23 AM  

  • Your progress is definitely encouraging. I'm starting day two of my very first tray, and the ache is a little more than I expected.. but if I can get results like yours, it'll be worth it. I'm a bit worried that my prominent (and awesome-looking, imo) canine teeth might lose some definition like yours did.. but it looks good, so maybe that's not a bad thing.

    (PS - found your blog through the forums on dentistry.com)

    By Blogger Steven, at 9:48 PM  

  • Wow, thanks for all the nice comments guys! Your encouragement is helping me get through this process in a big way. :)

    Steven, I used to get comments on my canine teeth quite a bit. They were often referred to as 'vampire-like'. I never really wanted to straighten my upper teeth, just the lower ones; I was fine with my vampire chops.

    But the ortho suggested that I get both uppers and lowers done. The pressure from my canine teeth was causing my gums to recede around them. I'm so glad that I took the ortho's advice! Since straightening my teeth, my gums have moved back into place and are much healthier overall.

    Thanks to all of you who took the time to post comments. It's much appreciated!

    By Blogger Cricket, at 8:49 AM  

  • Impressive! I can actually see the slow transformation on your teeth. It’s becoming even more aligned in every picture. So how did the treatment go? I am very eager to know and see the final results. I’m sure your teeth have gone from good to extremely perfect. Please give us the details my friend. I’ll be looking forward to it.

    Williams Schermer

    By Blogger Williams, at 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home